Post Graduate Work Permit

What is Post graduate Work permit?

Postgraduate work permit is a program under which students who have graduated from a participating Canadian post-secondary institution to achieve valuable Canadian work experience. A post-graduation work permit (PGWP) gives you permission to continue in Canada and work full time for up to three years after you graduate. The time period of the work permit depends on the length of your program. You don’t need a job offer to apply and also don’t need to work in a specific field.

PGWPs are granted only once in a lifetime, therefore, if you want to pursue further studies in Canada, you may wish to consult the International Student Advising to discuss when to apply.
Also, the work that you get from this program can help you to make your PR application stronger.

Eligibility Criteria for PGWP

  1. Persued a program of study that lasted at least eight months and drive to a degree, diploma or certificate.
  2. Completed full-time each academic session (excludes scheduled breaks), with two exceptions:
    1. You studied part-time in your final academic session only
    2. You took an authorize gap in studies for less than 150 days
  3. You should have authentic student VISA for applying PGWP.
  4. You must have document from your college/university to proof that you did your post graduation from their college.

What is Post graduate Work permit?

Your application for PGWP must be 90 days before you complete your course.
Apply within 180 days after your Letter of Completion first becomes available, AND have previously held a verified study permit, and one of the following:
Applied for visitor status before your study permit became unreasonable.
Applied to recover your temporary resident status
Applied from outside of Canada